Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Timing

"Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict."
"Be on the alert to recognize your prime at whatever time of your life it may occur. "

Maybe 38 years old is my prime. I always wonder when it will be my year and with all the changes happening around and on my birthday, after all the beatings from the last 6 months, I have to believe this is the year.

I really appreciate Erin and Tom for taking the time to fine tune my interviewing skills and offering any professional help without me asking for it. I love that I have friends who are there for me and know when I need a hand, guidance and/or a hug. I know that sounds gay but looking into the eyes of these two people I can honestly say I would recommended them as a friend to anyone. Cindy and Esther wrote me beee u tee ful letters of recommendation and totally helped seal the deal. What support! The flex team! What an awesome honor to be part of that. We without jobs were able to find a positive outlet with triathlon and see that we are not alone. I think that was so great even though others who were working felt otherwise. Listen, we needed to make the best of our situation and if it took us going out on our long ride on a Friday afternoon then so be it.

I get to start a new career with excitement that I have never felt before in a "job". Money is not everything anymore to me and thank goodness because it is going to take me 2 years to get my territory up and running. I have mentioned money is not everything in my earlier blogs and I stand by that. Just now I get to put my two interests together...therapy and sales.

I get to do my Ironman knowing I have something to come home to. I do not have to worry about my next race goal because now it will be my career goal. ( and the Nike San Francisco marathon in October) ( and mountain bike riding) ( and rowing) ( and guitar lessons).

I am not too worried about a relationship because I learned that I have no control over the timing of that. Just like this career. It came at the time it was supposed to. I truly believe that if I am to be married one day I have to just let it happen in it's own time. As long as I feel complete with myself, and I am starting too, a marriage will be a perfect adjunct to my life. I want to get married one day. There. I said it. Out loud. Yikes. I really do and I want to be happy. I want to be secure with myself and want to trust. I am working on that too. Just going to take a very understanding man to assist me with that.

For now I am complete and happy with my awesome friends ( you know who you are), Peenut, soon to be career and Ironman! 38 here I come! ( I am still going to act and look younger though).

Smiles!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Erin's blog.

    Great post and something I so needed to read.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete