Friday, May 8, 2009

I love it so much I can't stand it!

I can not wait for this weekend of training. It is another very long weekend of riding and running. I am now going to pay attention to improvement and not just getting the miles in. I have more than proven I can and will do that and put most anything else second. MOST anything...not everything.

This weekend I want to see my improvement whether it be in strength or endurance...hopefully both. I will climb the hills to the best of my ability but I want to make sure I look at the overall picture. I am doing this ride in Liberty Hill specifically to face the hills and give myself one more confidence boost that I can do it and want to. I really do want to.

In the last 3 weeks I have been putting in at least 20 hours of workouts. This is mainly because of the extra 4 hours a week on the bike for the cycling study ( what I will do for money). This also added in a mental challenge in a major way by seeing how long I can push myself passed threshold. I truly believe that got me through the soul sucking Shiner ride. I am still talking about that ride. I am so proud of finishing that son of a bitch. The post ride tator tots and strawberry slushy rocked!

I am ready for this weekend and am getting more and more excited about being in Idaho. I get emotional about it. I visualize that finish line like crazy. I am so excited to be staying in a house with some of the most amazing friends I have made through this experience. Jane, Vegas ( who talked me into this), Katy, Val, and my roommate Ali. What an awesome fun and quirky group of girls. I look up to these woman...everyone of them. All different and all amazing. ( and I am not just saying that so they will come with me to check in).

I think I may have been all over the place with this blog. If you know me you aren't surprised. Oh a bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment