Thursday, January 1, 2009

My first big commitment

Time to start writing things down. I hope it helps me as a sort of "log" of what I have been doing and feeling in my life. This way I can improve...lord knows I have much room for improvement. There are many times I feel like I am immature or act younger that I am. When I try and act my age or older I feel like my personality is not happy. Then I think about all I have accomplished and it takes a level of maturity and commitment to do so. This is in no way disrespecting anybody else and what he or she has accomplished. Just my own life.

Raising kitty Jagermeister by myself for 18 years was my greatest commitment. He was with me since I was 19 years old. He lived with me and my Dad when my parents divorced; was waiting for me when I got out of the Radar Institute, then lived with me and my first boyfriend for 5 years in Houston; then my second boyfriend for 3 years in Dallas when I was doing things I should not have been doing. He moved with me to Austin and gave a stern look to any guy he knew wasn't good for me. He was a smart kitty. Jagermeister was the most vocal animal in the world and is most likely head of the kitty choir in heaven. He had two sugeries, kidney failure, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism ( we removed his thyroid and STILL had a hyper thryroid). He lived with these diseases for years. Jagermeister was not ready to leave me and my poor choices. But towards the end he got to be 5 pounds and had a really fast heartrate. I took him to Dr. Oliver with intentions of bringing him home. After listening to Dr. Oliver and knowing that Jager could not really hear anymore and was howling at the walls...I felt it was his time. I did not want him to go from a stroke or something painful. That was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. He depended on me to determine his destiny. He was with me through all of my crazy 20's and most of my 30's. I will forever be grateful to God for putting Jager in front of that Gerland's grocery store in Surgarland that evening so I could begin my life with him.

I didn't realize how quiet my home would be without a pet. I could have 1000 people coming in and out and there would still be this uneasy quiet. I was going crazy without an animal. Enter Peenut.

1 comment:

  1. awww.
    welcome to bloggy-land!!! you'll hopefully find it as rewarding a place to belong to as i do!! :)

    ReplyDelete