Sunday, March 17, 2013

One Month

It has been a month since I decided to move on from medical sales and into a new career. Although the temptation to interview for sales positions have been there I am holding strong to my committment to "moving on".

Making this change is super scary...not so much because of the work I am putting in to get there, but it is the fear of the unknown. I think that is why I have always had the same habits. I know where this is going. It doesn't make the process any easier but there are no surprises. ( stands true for relationships too).

Here is where I am. I have been getting in my exercise physiology hours at the cardiac rehab center at South Austin hospital. I go everyday as if it is my job. I am scheduled to take my BLS and ACLS certifications in two weeks. After that I will be considered for a part time position at an exercise physiologist. I really hope that works out as I study for my ACSM certification and within a year I hope to become a full time exercise physiologist in cardiac rehab.

The center is growing and this would be an absolute AWESOME time to get in. I enjoy educating and getting to know the lifestyles of the patients that have been prescribed cardiac rehab from there heart surgeon. It is amazing to me how some have never been on a treadmill in their life. These people are grateful. They are grateful to be alive and really appreciate the rehabiliation process and those that support them through it.

It is sooooo hard to stop the head trash and reminder that I am not getting paid as I do these hours. I  stop those thoughts and remember this is all for a goal. I will keep it up. I am on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment