Monday, August 23, 2010

Puppies

So I never really thought I would have one puppy much less two. Peenelope came into my life and god I have never felt so much love for an animal, except for when I had Jagermeister and now Peenut. Then I got really involved with rescue organizations, donated time and money and ultimately fostered.

I should have known. I fell in love with Georgia the second I saw her and thought I will just foster her. I marketed her the best I could but fell more and more attached to her and I am pretty sure she became attached to me and Peenelope.

I got tired of trying to give her away. The guilt and thought of that little face driving away killed me.

The thing I didn't think about is that Peenelope is not 100% yet. She still has issues from being scared of everything and does not have a very high self confidence. I needed that to be under control before committing to another puppy who also needs recall training.

It is really hard.

I don't really trust dog parks because dogs are dogs. I have many friends with dogs but it isn't often we can all meet up at a place that is available just for our dogs to play. Perfect situation.

Letting your dogs run around dog parks with other dogs just so you can get them tired is not the right thing to do. I feel like it is so important for my dogs to have most of their interaction with me.

So I am taking a lot more time to work with them individually. I have to take Peenelope for rides in the car so she won't be scared. I need to take her to positive places like getting her a happy meal at Mcdonalds. That is kinda cute.

I have to make sure Georgia has her fun in the water because Peenelope doesn't like the water.

They are buddies. They love each other but are very different in personalities. Georgia love thunderstorms and Peenelope will freak out if you even say the word thunderstorm.

They both love Peenut.

Just trying to get them all good before IM training begins. I totally think I bit off more than I could chew with keeping Georgia but my heavy heart just couldn't let her go.

So

My life will be about work and my puppies until IM training begins. Then my life will be about work, my puppies and Ironman. Won't have much more time and money to do anything else.

I went from nothing to do to not having enough time do everything. I kinda like it but would like to sit and finish a book at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment