Tuesday, March 2, 2010

outside sales versus office job

I have been going over in my mind and trying to convince myself the decision I am about to make will be a good change.

I am so uneasy about going into an office everyday. I am used to walking into many different offices, meeting new people, and just being outside. I am used to having my office at my house and the flexibility of that was awesome.

This new opportunity will be different. I will be in an office and mostly on the phone with the occasional visit.

The pros to this are:

If we both decide to move forward the office is near Lost Creek so I can run the greenbelt at lunch.

I won't have to drive around my manager who is in town to work with me. I have to warn every account that I will have my manager with me so they don't feel double teamed. That was a big pain in the arse. I won't miss that.

I won't have to drive to Waco or Victoria to visit an account. The office is 10 minutes from my house. Easy breezy.

I won't have to drive around when the weather is crappy and the crazy drivers and traffic are plentiful. I can stay comfy and safe in the building.

Maybe this will provide a new structure for me. I will be able to get some hard workouts in early in the morning and then at night and won't have to walk in and out of offices with heals on. That will be happy times for my calves and achilles.

I won't have to leave town for a week to wherever my home office is ( Boston, CA, Washington....) for a national sales meeting. Those are exhausting!

So maybe this will be a good thing. It is still a mostly commission position so not being face to face to make a deal will be challenging...but this is a different sell that I can make work over the phone.

Second interview today and we both still need to make our decision.

Will update the blog once I know.

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment